Creamy and tangy Mango Lassi is a classic summer treat, that’s easy to make too!
- 400 g fresh mango about 3 – 4 mangoes, depending on the size. Preferably chilled. Frozen is fine too.
- 200 – 250 g full fat yogurt chilled (greek yogurt is fine too).
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom adjust to your taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt I use ½ tsp because I like this drink to be a touch salty
- Sugar to taste
- Water or milk to dilute I prefer water
Peel and cut the mangoes into chunks.
Place the mango chunks and yogurt in a blender, and blend until smooth. Depending on your blender, you may need to blend the mango chunks first before adding the yogurt.
Add the cardamom and salt, and about 2 tbsp sugar, and blend again.
Taste and add more sugar to taste.
Add enough water to dilute the mixture into a pourable but thick consistency (thinner than a smoothie).
Refrigerate the mango lassi until chilled.
Serve as is, or with a sprinkle of cardamom on top.
Calories: 99kcal (5%)
Carbohydrates: 18g (6%)
Protein: 3g (6%)
Fat: 2g (3%); Saturated Fat: 1g (6%); Cholesterol: 8mg (3%)
Sodium: 175mg (8%)
Potassium: 266mg (8%)
Fiber: 2g (8%)
Sugar: 17g (19%)
Vitamin A: 1144IU (23%)
Vitamin C: 37mg (45%)
Calcium: 87mg (9%)
Iron: 1mg (6%)
Written by: Omojo Emeje