Canesten Cream is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve irritation of the vulva (external thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with thrush.
Direction of use
• Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
• If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying
• Canesten Cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in
• A strip of cream (1/2 cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
• The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary.
• If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one