IT’S WORLD AIDS DAY
AIDS is a chronic immune system disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
HIV damages the immune system and interferes with the body’s ability to fight infection and disease. HIV can be spread through contact with infected blood, semen, or vaginal fluids. There’s no cure for HIV/AIDS, but medications can control the infection and prevent disease progression.
Symptoms of AIDS
– Pain areas: in the abdomen
– Pain circumstances: can occur while swallowing
– Cough: can be dry
– Whole body: fatigue, fever, loss of appetite, malaise, night sweats, or sweating
– Gastrointestinal: nausea, persistent diarrhoea, vomiting, or watery diarrhoea
– Throat: difficulty swallowing or soreness
– Groin: sores or swelling
– Mouth: ulcers or white tongue
* Tuberculosis (TB)
If diagnosed promptly and go onto treatment straightaway, most people living with HIV never experience late-stage HIV. Staying healthy is key to living well with HIV, including exercising regularly, sleeping well and eating well, stopping smoking, and looking after your mental wellbeing.
Above all, never stigmatize HIV/ AIDS individuals. They need you the more. They need us. Show more empathy , lend a helping hand by reminding such to stay strong , live healthy and eat healthy.
At TROOP PHARMACY, your health is our concern. We stand in the gap to help you live healthy and achieve a better health! You can reach us for any health concerns and more.