It is an antioxidant that can be gotten naturally from the body or gotten from food.
It breaks down carbohydrates to energy, so its a source of energy that sustain life
Its can be gotten from food like red meat, potato, carrot, beets etc
Its also available in supplement like meconerve forte, renerve plus etc
Because its an antioxidant it can help to
1. Provide protection to the brain
2 . its also helpful in certain liver disease
1. To treat nerve pain and nerve damage in people with diabetics
2. It is used for obesity
3. Use for altitude sickness
4. Use for aging skin
5. Use for high level of cholesterol
Possibly Effective for
- Nerve pain in people with diabetes (diabetic neuropathy). Taking alpha-lipoic acid by mouth seems to improve symptoms such as burning, pain, and numbness in the legs and arms of people with diabetes.
- High levels of cholesterol or other fats (lipids) in the blood (hyperlipidemia). Taking alpha-lipoic acid by mouth for up to 4 years seems to lower total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL or “bad”) cholesterol in people with or without hyperlipidemia.
- Obesity. Taking alpha-lipoic acid by mouth can slightly reduce body weight in adults who are overweight.
Generally alpha lipoic acid as an antioxidant help to protect the cell from the damage caused by free radicals thereby maintaining healthy cells and its used to treat neuropathy pain in diabetic patients.
Written by: Ruth Olusegun