What is MACA ROOT?
MACA root, also called Peruvian Ginseng is an edible plant that flourishes high in the Andes mountains of Peru. It is a cruciferous vegetable that’s relatable to cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. It is available in its powered form, liquid extract or as a supplement.
MACA root is nutrient dense and is a rich source of several important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, iron, copper, protein, fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and Manganese. It’s a good source of carbs and contains low fat.
WHY DO YOU NEED MACA ?
– Maca root is an anabolic food and anabolic foods consist of unique compounds that are beneficial for forming muscle fiber. It promotes muscle gain, increases strength, boost energy and improve exercise performance.
– Maca helps to relieve symptoms of menopause. It maintains positive energy and help to stabilise moods in people with mood swings. It has also be shown to help women with hormonal imbalance and PCOS.
– Maca naturally boosts libido in men and women increasing their sexual desire.
– Maca helps to boost male fertility, it has been shown to increase the the quantity and quality of semen in both infertile and healthy men.
– Studies have shown that applying Maca to the skin helps to protect from UV radiation.
– Because of its high amount of glucosinolates, it has been shown to reduce prostate size in enlarged prostate gland and also help reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
– Maca has been used traditionally by the indigenous people of PERU to improve children’s performance in school. Study has shown that it improves general brain functions including learning and memory.
HOW TO TAKE MACA
Maca is easy to incorporate into your diet of daily routine in its powered form or as a supplement. The dose of maca root used in studies ranges from 1.5 – 5 grams daily.
As this to your daily routine for more healthy life, essential for both men and women.
Written by: Immaculate Amalu